Are you having dull days at home? Why not try out this fluffy, airy and delicious Japanese souffle pancake. This souffle pancake recipe is straightforward, but you do need a little practice to get these cottony cloud-like pancakes to melt in the mouth. It even tastes better with some butter and maple syrup, as well as some fruits jam.
Once you know how to make souffle pancake, you probably will never stop making it every weekend. Are you obsessing with this pillowy soft little pancake? Don’t worry. I will show you steps by steps tutorial on how to make souffle pancake at home—starting from making the batter, beating the egg white into the meringue and how to make the souffle pancake stand stall. It may sound complicated, but it’s a worthy breakfast, afternoon snack or desserts.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|3 pancakes||15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon of cake flour
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- Some water
Watch the video tutorial for more details and tips
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks into two separate bowls.
- Add one tablespoon of milk on the egg yolks and mix them.
- Sift the 4 tablespoons of cake flour and one tablespoon of corn starch on the egg yolks mixture and whisk them thoroughly.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract into the egg yolks mixture and mix them.
- Put aside the egg yolks mixture.
- Now, we need to make meringue by beating the egg whites and sugar. Beat the egg whites with an electric hand-mixer on medium-low speed. Gradually add 2 tablespoons of sugar into the egg whites. Add around one-third of the sugar at a time.
- The meringue is done when it reaches stiff peak state.
- Take one-third of the meringue and mix it with the egg yolks mixture. Combine them evenly.
- Mix the remaining meringue into the egg yolks mixture and fold them gently with a spatula.
- Heat the non-stick pan with medium-low heat. Wipe some oil on the pan.
- Pipe the batter on the pan. (Usually, you can make three pancakes with this recipe).
- Put some water on the pan and close the lid. Cook it for 3-4 minutes with lid.
- Fold the pancake and put some water on it. Close the lid and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.